As of July 2018 there are two memberships available. Shares are purchased from the corporation, not member to member. Share price is determined by the corporation to reflect aircraft value at given time. When you leave the club you are reimbursed current set aircraft value and don’t have to worry about trying to sell your share.
- Membership is limited to 10 members. Each member holds equal equity in the flying club.
- Must hold Private Pilots License, Medical, FAA Flight Review. We don’t allow student pilots at this time.
- Club bylaws state how the non profit corporation operates. Current officers are the President, Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer.
- Quarterly meetings to discuss financials, maintenance and safety topics.
- We are one of the oldest non profit flying clubs in south Florida. Est 1962.
- No minimum hours required to fly each month. If member has not flown in three months you are required to fly with another member to regain club currency.
- 24/7 access to airplane.
- Flexible online scheduling. Airplane reservation for multiple nights is ok. No minimum hrs required to fly during your reservation. Any reservation over one week requires club approval.
- Flying to the Bahamas is ok.
- No extra insurance is required for member. Part of your dues cover this cost.
- Well maintained aircraft and proper records are kept. Members wash and clean aircraft after use. Airplane is kept in hangar. One member is an A&P and monitors club maintenance.
- The club maintains cash reserves for general maintenance, annual inspection and major overhaul.
- Combined flight time experience between all current members is approximately 34,000 hrs. Members qualifications range from Private Pilot up to American Airlines Captain.
- New applicants will be required to go through orientation flights and be signed off by a certified flight instructor.
Cost per share: $8,000 (Equal equity in corporation)
Monthly: $175 (Covers fixed costs such as Insurance, Hangar, Annual Reserve and Admin expenses.)
Tach Time: $95 per hour wet. (Covers fuel, Oil, Oil changes, Tires and Major Overhaul Reserve.)
Membership Application: $50
If interested in joining please contact us.
Flying Educators Grumman Tiger Aircraft Specs:
- 1991 Grumman AG5B S/N: 10014 Tiger
- Approx 3800 TT on Airframe
- Engine: O-360-A4K 180 HP, 468.00 SMOH (Factory Overhaul). Part of per hour tach time includes major overhaul reserve.
- Propeller: Sensenich 76EM8S10-0-62 Prop
- Useful load: 934 lbs
- Airspeed: Approx 135 kts true at 8,500 ft
- Interior updated in 2017
- Garmin GNS 430 (non WAAS)
- KI-525A HSI Slaved
- KX-155 Nav/Com
- KMA 24 Audio Panel
- PM 2000 4 place Intercom
- STek 50 Autopilot/ Altitude Hold (two axis). Heading, Nav modes.
- KN64 DME
- Electric Flaps
- KT-76A transponder (We are planning on updating to ADS-B in 2019)
- Insight Strikefinder
- M800 Chronometer
- EDM 700 EGT/CHT/OAT/RPM/Voltage
- Alternate Static
- Blue Sky Sun visors
- Powerflow exhaust
- Avionics Fan
- Five Valve Oil Cooler
- Type “D” hose
- TCB Front Spinner Bulkhead
- Wing Tip Strobe
- Strobe in Red Rudder Cap
- Airplane cover
- Bose A20 Headset