Flying Educators, Inc Club Information
- Shares are purchased from the corporation, not member to member. Share price is determined by the corporation to reflect aircraft value at given time. When you leave the club you are reimbursed current set aircraft value and don’t have to worry about trying to sell your share.
- Membership is limited to 10 members. Each member holds equal equity in the flying club.
- Must hold Private Pilots License, Medical, FAA Flight Review. We don’t allow student pilots at this time.
- We have Club Bylaws and Operational Rules. Current officers are the President, Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer.
- Quarterly meetings to discuss financials, maintenance and safety topics.
- Aircraft is kept inside hangar off Hotel taxiway and near runway 9 at FXE.
- We are one of the oldest non profit flying clubs in south Florida. Est 1962.
- No minimum hours required to fly each month. If member has not flown in three months you are required to fly with another member to regain club currency. Members must also conduct a training flight every 180 days.
- 24/7 access to airplane.
- Flexible online scheduling. Airplane reservation for multiple nights is ok. No minimum hrs required to fly during your reservation. Any reservation over one week requires club approval.
- Flying to the Bahamas is ok.
- No extra insurance is required for member. Part of your dues cover this cost.
- Well maintained aircraft and proper records are kept. Members wash and clean aircraft after use. Airplane is kept in hangar. One member is an A&P and monitors club maintenance.
- The club maintains cash reserves for general maintenance, annual inspection and major overhaul.
- New applicants will be required to go through orientation flights and be signed off by a certified flight instructor.
- Check us out on a this AOPA article comparing the Grumman Tiger to a Citabria.
Cost per share: $9,000 (Equal equity in corporation)
Monthly: $181 (Covers fixed costs such as Insurance, Hangar, Annual Reserve and Admin expenses.)
Tach Time: $90 per hour wet. (Covers fuel, Oil, Oil changes, Tires and Major Overhaul Reserve.)
Membership Application: $90
If interested in joining please contact us.
Flying Educators Grumman Tiger Aircraft Specs:
- 1991 Grumman AG5B S/N: 10014 Tiger
- Approx 4000 TT on Airframe
- Engine: O-360-A4K 180 HP. Overhauled as of August 2019.
- Propeller: Sensenich 76EM8S10-0-62 Prop. New prop as of August 2019.
- Useful load: 934 lbs
- Airspeed: Approx 135 kts true at 8,500 ft
- Interior updated in 2017
- Garmin GNS 430 (non WAAS)
- KI-525A HSI Slaved
- KX-155 Nav/Com
- KMA 24 Audio Panel
- PM 2000 4 place Intercom
- Stek 50 Autopilot/ Altitude Hold (two axis). Heading, NAV modes.
- KN64 DME
- Electric Flaps
- Stratus In/Out ADS-B. New as of August 2019.
- USB charging port
- Insight Strikefinder
- M800 Chronometer
- EDM 700 EGT/CHT/OAT/RPM/Voltage
- Alternate Static
- Powerflow exhaust
- Avionics Fan
- Five Valve Oil Cooler
- Type “D” hose
- TCB Front Spinner Bulkhead
- Wing Tip Strobe
- Strobe in Red Rudder Cap
- Airplane cover
- Club use of Bose A20 Headset